Margaret R Coyle is the Primary Health Care Coordinator at Central Interior Native Health Society in Prince George serving Aboriginal and other marginalised populations.
- Prior to this position she was a Nurse Clinician at the clinic. She has worked for 20 years in the Northern Health Region, Nursing in the Maternity/LDR department of PGRH and teaching in the Health Sciences Department at the College of New Caledonia.
- She trained in Glasgow, Scotland and has worked in many areas from Paediatric Neurosurgery to Gerontology. She immigrated to Canada 21 years ago with her husband and five children.
- She is the singer and manager of the Celtic band Out of Alba and is President of The Prince George Celtic Club.
Anne Drost is a Nurse Clinician and Manager of Community Health Services at Victoria Cool Aid Society.
- Anne has been a community nurse for 23 years and has worked in home care in both Victoria and Toronto, in remote First Nations reserves, as a street nurse, and for the past 11 years at Cool Aid Community Health Centre, an inner city primary health care centre in Victoria.
- Most clients Anne works with are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and struggle with mental health and addiction issues.
Irene Haigh-Gidora is Manager of Community Health Services, Victoria Cool Aid Society.
- Irene has worked for over 30 years with the homeless and marginalized population in community health settings in Winnipeg and Victoria.
- Irene manages the Cool Aid Community Health Centre which includes a Health Clinic and Dental Clinic employing 37 multidisciplinary staff, including seven doctors, advanced practice nurses, pharmacist, nutritionist, addictions counsellors, dentist, and dental hygienist who provide assessment, treatment, counselling and referrals to the downtown street population.
- Irene also manages Cool Aid’s REES Network (Resources, Education, Employment & Support) and Community Casual Labour Pool, which partner with mental health consumers to provide life skill and employment services and opportunities to aid clients in managing their mental illness.
Megan Hunter has recently unpacked her suitcase and returned to Prince George.
- For the past decade her nursing practice has taken her to some interesting corners of the earth, from remote First Nations communities in Northern BC, to the deserts of Somalia, and most recently as Head of Mission for Doctors without Borders in Eastern Congo, Megan.
- She is currently the Clinical Team Lead at the Blue Pine Primary Health Care Clinic. There she and the clinic team are working to develop a team-based, patient-centred Primary Health Care Clinic, created to address the needs of the people of Prince George who previously had no access to Primary Care.
- Megan has an MA in International Studies and Diplomacy (SOAS) and has taught Leadership and Management theory at the UNBC School of Nursing.
Tatiana Pyper is a Registered Dietitian at Health Zone Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic.
- She provides clients with information on nutrition, food, and making healthy choices to improve their health or manage a medical condition, by taking complex medical and nutrition research and translating it into everyday food choices.
- In this journey, Tatiana offers tools for healthy eating, such as portion control, reading labels, sample meal plans, shopping tips, and healthy recipes that lead to a healthier lifestyle.
- She delivers a variety of programs for healthy lifestyles promoting behaviour change related to food choices, eating behaviour, preparation methods, and physical activity levels to optimize health.
- Tatiana has worked as a Registered Dietitian for Six Nations reserve where she has developed and implemented culturally sensitive community nutrition programs for the Long-Term Care/Home and Community Care Program.
- She has provided therapeutic and preventative nutrition assessment, counselling, and education at an individual and group level in the Six Nations community.
Additional Primary Health Care Partners
- Kathy Bresett
- Pierre Ducharme
- Myrna Fisk
- Colleen Kennelly
- Wendy McKay
- Morgan Price
- Mary Stover